Hey guys! Sorry I'm late with my blog; flying home from Spain was a bit of a nightmare. Anyway, two years ago, I took TE 348, "Reading and Responding to Children's Liturature." Although I went into that class looking at it as just another requirement, I can now say that it was definitely one of the most interesting and enjoyable classes I ever had at MSU. As a result, I am excited to apply what we learned in TE 348 to the topics that we will cover in this class. Specifically, some goals that I have for this course include...
1. learning how to apply state standards to literacy units.
2. learning how children respond differently to literacy based on age, gender, and special needs.
3. learning how to instill an appreciation for literacy among young children.
4. learning how to use literacy to help establish a supportive classroom learning community.
5. understanding myself as a literacy student and teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i really like your goals; i feel like we all have the same idea as to our development throughout this semester. hopefully we can all work together to help each other to develop in our literacy knowledge and awareness.
Post a Comment