For the most part, I thought the readings for last week were interesting. The “fishbowl” discussion and these posts provided some helpful insight on the different methods to conduct a classroom discussion. Of the different types of discussions, I like the fishbowl method the most. However, I totally agree with you, Ms. Oswald, in that children should come to understand literature and literary concepts through discovery. In my experiences as well, it often seems like the students do not have enough opportunities to discuss literacy freely so that they can connect ideas and learn new concepts. I really liked that you pointed out that not all students like to write for different reasons, so this method of student led discussion is a way for them to feel more comfortable with their abilities. Once more confidence is established, students may grow more interested and willing to try new things and further their own discoveries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment