Although this activity may have been beneficial for those who (a.) didn't know what choral reading was, or (b.) had never experienced it before, I don't think it was the absolute best use of time. Perhaps this can be attributed to Dr. Troia's in-class explinations of the benefits and research-based information surrounding choral reading and the benefits of it, followed by our own experiences chorally reading in CEP 301 (literacy for students with mild impairments). It's really frustrating for me to have the same information presented in MORE than two classes. I feel as though this happens a lot at MSU in the Special Education program (not necessarily the regular ed program). I understand it is necessary information for us to cover, but it just puts me off when I am going over the same kinds of things each semester I am here. Perhaps it may have been more meaningful if we were told (a research-based reasoning behind) why choral reading was used, as oppsed to just 'doing' it.... but i digress.
I realize the benefits of choral reading in a classroom, and although it isnt my favorite thing, i do plan on using it in my classroom at various appropriate times.
i also enjoyed how we did this activity in various ways with various types of books - it made the different types of choral reading stick out in their own ways, and it actually was somewhat enjoyable. i just struggled with having a positive attitude toward it because this material isnt really alll that new to me.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment