Digital Native Quiz
So I took this quiz and there were 2 words I was unfamiliar with, modding, and smart mobs. I know I am unfamiliar with "modding" because in the definition it says it was related to gaming, and I don't do gaming so there is no way I would have exposure to this word. "Smart mobs" I had just never heard used before. So I was familiar with 4 out of 6 words. I'm not sure if that makes me a native, but I'm certainly not new or emerging. To connect this with our reading I would have to say that it is understandable that I am unfamiliar with some of the terms because I am not exposed to them. Just as children are not going to be familiar with things if they are not exposed to them in their environment.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment