Sunday, February 3, 2008

comments on your blogs

I think the problem is fixed with my posts not appearing. I've always considered myself pretty technologically savey, but apparently blogging is not part of that ability. I have figured it out, though and soon I hope to move out of the emergent stage of blogging and at least into the beginning stage. :-)

There appears to be a huge difference between what is covered in the special ed version of 301 and the regular ed version of 301. I am only familiar with the regular ed version, so therefore what is taught is really an extension of that class. Now that this difference has been brought to my attention I will be sure to investigate what was covered in that version. Based on the assessments given at the beginning of the year, it would appear that most people are not familiar with everything that is being covered though. For those of you who are familiar with this information, I would be interested in hearing what you propose to help you learn more, think deeper, and extend yourself. What kind of differentiation would you do if you were the instructor?

I'm glad you enjoyed the articles on discussion. I agree that some students do not benefite from discussion, and that is why it is important to vary what is being learned. I am interested though to learn about your experiences with discussion in your classrooms. How are teachers utilizing them? How are teachers not utilizing them when they could?

Try to use your responses to delve deeper into your thoughts. Don't just say "I agree..." Challenge each others thinking. Talk more about what connections you see across the posts or what you see as not being consistent across the posts.

No comments: