I know we don't have to blog about this, but I enjoyed some of the tips in this article, so I figured I would post them.
1. Plan Ahead - don't just think that stuff will come to you while you're teaching. You have to plan your prompts, your questions, your connections, everything ahead of time.
2. Authenticity Matters - by choosing books that you really connect with, and making sure that you can relate to them, it makes lessons able to be more authentic.
3. use a variety of types of literature.
4. use precise language. define words that students may not know, and stay consistent in meanings and uses of words.
4. "think through the text" with students - make connections and ask for theirs, etc.
5. plan for student discussion ahead of time, figure out how to put it into your lesson.
6. make meaningful connections
7. PRACTICE. tell students what you expect, and practice it. your first lessons of the year wont be perfect. learn from them, and make changes to reach your goals.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment